Monday, December 19, 2005

The Dreamworld

Last night I dreamt that I wrote a book (it was called "The Door Warrior," whatever that means), but I only wrote part of it. I guess I sent it in for publication when I only had 40 pages done, and since I didn't have it copyrighted, some jerk at the publishing company decided to finish it himself. The copyright notice inside the book said something about how every word, idea, and thought that appeared in the book was copyrighted by the jerk, whose name was like Michael H. Really-long-name-beginning-with-the-letter-C.

In my semi-sleepified state, I told myself that people can't copyright ideas. But in my current and slightly more aware state, I realize that I should start copyrighting ideas up and down and then sue writers left and right. Then I'd have all the directions covered.

No comments: